Dr. C.Y. Wong
DSc(Azteca), PhD(Wollongong), MSc(Durham), DipMS. (PolyU), CPEng, MIEAust, FIIM, FCMI
- Manpower Planning & Human Resources Management
- Executive Coaching
- Leadership Skill
- Risks & Crisis Management
- Project Management
- Quality Operational Improvement
- Corporate Turnaround
- Train the Trainer
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
Dr. Wong is one of our most seasoned industrial engineers and consultants, with over 30 years of both hands-on consulting and training experiences.
Dr. Wong is a quality guru and trainer, notably in areas such as Human Resources, workflow, productivity improvements, and quantum improvement in efficiencies. For over 15 years, Dr. Wong has been associated as a Senior Advisor at the Management Development Centre (MDC) of the Vocational Training Council specializing in Manpower Planning, Project Management, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Engineers as Managers, Training Needs Analysis, Quality Improvement, and Service Quality. During that period, Dr. Wong has trained more than 5,000 human resources practitioners.
Dr. Wong is also a management subject specialist and university lecturer. C Y has extensive experience in management development and teaching. He was a part-time lecturer for management subjects at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Hong Kong 1997–2005 and also at Hong Kong Polytechnic University 2009–2010. He is the trainer (from 2008 up to current) for the Professional Diploma in Management Consulting and Risk Management organized by the HKPC. He was appointed by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications (from 2007 to 2012) as a Specialist to assist the HKSAR Government to develop the “Qualification Framework” by using the Competency Approach
Dr. Wong is also a seasoned management consultant and executive coacher, having coached a list of board of directors from local listed public companies and manufacturing firms in Mainland China as well over the years. Dr. Wong is the ex-Executive Vice President of the Institute of Management Consultants and has examined numerous consultants for the certification of CMC (Certified Management Consultants).
- Dip.M.S., Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- M.Sc., University of Durham, England, UK
- Ph.D., University of Wollongong, Australia
- D.Sc., Azteca University (European Program-Austria)
- Oxford University (UODLE) certified National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ)
- Chartered Professional Engineer (Australia)
- APEA Engineer (Mechanical)
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- Academic Fellow (The International Council of Management Consulting Institutes)
- Fellow of International Institute of Management (FIIM)
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI)
- Member of Engineers Australia (MIEAust)
- “Corporate Competence”, The Management Development Centre of Hong Kong. (2000).
- “Integrated Manufacturing Systems” (Co-author), The International Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, U.K. Volume 13, No. 6, Nov. 2002.